Home-Styling | Ana Antunes: Is the painting the starting point? - Será o quadro o ponto de partida?

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Is the painting the starting point? - Será o quadro o ponto de partida?

The painting sets the mood and the room works arround it, or is the other way arrownd?!
 Well... I am the daughter of a paintor so it's allways a great chalenge when clients ask me to follow colors and the mood of a special painting and work the inspiration for the room arround it. When I see rooms like these I allways wonder. Did they buy the painting to go with the room or did they pick the painting and worked the room arrownd it's colours?!
***

Será o quadro, o ponto de partida para a decoração do espaço, ou será ao contrário?
Eu sou filha de um pintora e por isso gosto do desafio, que alguns dos meus clientes me colocam. Pegar nas cores e inspiração de um quadro especial para eles, e conceber o projecto  inspirado nele. Quando vejo estas salas, pergunto-me sempre, será que eles usaram os quadros como ponto de partida para a decoração ou é apenas arte?





I'm so obsessed with this one. 
I'm actually working on a project with the same colors.
Colors in this painting are my favourite ones.
***
Estou completamente obcecada com esta imagem e
e estou precisamente a trabalhar num projecto com estes tons.
 Este quadro reúne alguns dos meus tons favoritos.















All the paintings seem to be shouting at us; 
"Hey! Look at me I'm the most important guy in this room...
aren't they?!"
***
Todos estes quadros parecem gritar connosco a dizer;
"Hey! olha para mim, eu sou o mais importante desta sala!!
Não parecem?!
Se tiverem um quadro com significado importante 
e com os tons que mais gostam, ele pode perfeitamente ser o ponto de partida
para a decoração da vossa sala.

Até amanhã!
Ana Antunes

Photo credits; via decorista, Living etc, Robyn Karp interiors

5 comments :

  1. Love the examples!
    While the paintings command attention, the room designs and paintings really complement each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uauh! Sim, realmente a nossa atenção foca-se nas pinturas, nas cores fortes... e a simplicidade da restante decoração é um belo complemento!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pictures, yes ideed the paintings are a focal point, love it when a pretty livingroom has a huge and happy painting.
    p.s. I have send you 2 sea fans and goodies from HEMA to your office, will arrive soon;)))
    Love and kisses Chantal

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so amazing...you always find the most lovely images that I've never seen before! I am absolutely *speechless* over that first one...(c:

    ReplyDelete
  5. with paintings like THAT they should be the primo spot of the room
    Cat

    ReplyDelete

Comments here:

Blogs do Ano - Nomeado Decoração